New Client Special $120 for 4 hours of organizing
ORGANIZING DAILY MAIL
The mailbox is the major culprit in everyday paper migration. Out of control, it causes clutter, wasted time looking for papers, wasted trees, and even household strife. It also contributes to mayhem around the house.
Here's a systematic way to tame it:
SORTING DAILY MAIL
* Set up dedicated mail-only workstation; put ALL mail there, don't let it migrate.
* Use vertical or horizontal desk shelves; label slots for topics or family members-- and use them.
* AS SOON AS MAIL AND PACKAGES COME INSIDE:
* Toss recyclables in the nearby bin; no need to open junk mail.
* Separate out magazines, publications, and bills.
* Slit open ALL envelopes at once; remove all contents.
* More than page: paperclip or staple papers together to not get lost; attach reply envelopes; extraneous papers & envelopes go to bin.
* Review relevant mail, and dispense with it ASAP.
* For documents that need shredding; instead, can delete identifiers with permanent marker (optional).
* Slit open packages and open, the day they are received.
* Switch to paper-free online bills; set up automatic debits from checking account; the latter gives you an excellent credit rating.
* For paper bills, immediately write check, seal envelope; attach stamps and address labels; write due date on back flap.
* Mail immediately; or save and mail close to due date (have a "tickler" reminder).
TO DE-CLUTTER MAILBOX, USE THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
Direct Marketing Association.
* Company that creates and sells mailing lists; advertisers do not want to send expensive catalogs to where they are not welcome.
* Catalogs will only come from companies you do business with.
* Use online e-catalogs instead, or access sites only when needed; a good choice for impulse buyers.
* Can opt out of select charities.
* Doesn't work with businesses; call businesses directly to opt out.
PRE-APPROVED CREDIT CARDS & INSURANCE ADS from the 4 Credit Bureaus:
* Call 1-888-5-OPT-OUT or http://www.optoutprescreen.com
US Government-sponsored National Do Not Call Registry.
* FCC violation for companies to call; large fines for infractions.
* Call 1-888-382-1222 or http://www.Donotcall.gov
ROBOCALLS AND CALL CENTER TELEMARKETING:
* NoMoRoBo blocks calls immediately, and effectively-- phone rings once, then stops.
* Calls that get through can be reported and permanently blocked.
* Helpful for seniors or caretakers; avoids targeting by unethical marketers, fake charities, and outright rip-off scams.
* Explain "the phone company knows when someone tries to get your money, and you'll only get one ring."
* If outgoing caller ID shows "Unavailable" or "Private Caller," the service provider can fix it.
* Free for landlines, $20/yr for mobile.
* Always do your own due diligence on charities before donating.
* Phone solicitations mostly low-rated charities or even scams.
* Charity Navigator rates charities from 1- to 4-star; scroll down to see the sometimes $Multi-million salaries of CEOs.
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS ADVERTISING:
* Contact Dun and Bradstreet to eliminate mailings;
* Call 1-800-234-3867 to Opt Out.
YELLOW PAGE PHONE BOOKS:
** CONGRATULATIONS! You are now on your way to a less cluttered life! **