New Client Special $120 for 4 hours of organizing
ORGANIZING DAILY MAIL
The mailbox is the major culprit in household paper clutter. Out of control, it results in wasted time trying to locate papers and daily distraction and/or denial/ avoidance. Clutter can lead to household strife. Excessive paper use wastes trees and causes massive manufacturing and societal waste.
HERE'S A SYSTEMATIC WAY TO ORGANIZE AND CONTROL THE BEAST.
SORTING DAILY MAIL
* Set up a dedicated mail-only workstation; put ALL mail there-- DON'T let it migrate.
* Use vertical or horizontal desk shelves-- and use them; label slots for topics or family members.
AS SOON AS MAIL COMES INSIDE:
* Toss recyclables in the nearby bin; no need to open junk mail.
* Separate out magazines, publications, and bills.
* Slit open ALL envelopes at once and remove contents.
* More than one page? Paperclip or staple pages together to avoid losing them; recycle extraneous pages.
* Review relevant mail, and dispense with it ASAP.
* For documents that need shredding one can delete identifiers with permanent marker instead (optional); intact pages are easily recyclable; shredded paper takes more effort.
* Switch to paper-free online bills; set up automatic debits from checking account; the latter gives you an excellent credit rating.
* For paper bills, immediately write check, seal envelope; attach stamps and address labels; write due date on back flap.
* Mail immediately, or save and mail close to due date (have a "tickler" reminder).
* Always slit open packages the 1st day of receipt.
* Inspect contents for order accuracy and quality.
* Try on clothing immediately for fit & styling.
* If necessary, place items in return envelope immediately, seal, and send back right away.
BLOCKING INCOMING MAIL AND DE-CLUTTERING THE MAILBOX
USE THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
Direct Marketing Association.
* Company that creates and sells mailing lists; advertisers do not want to send expensive catalogs to where they are not welcome.
* Thereafter catalogs will only come from companies you do business with.
* Use online e-catalogs instead, or access sites only when needed-- a good choice for impulse buyers.
* Can opt out of select charities.
* This doesn't work with local businesses; call them directly to opt out.
PRE-APPROVED CREDIT CARDS & INSURANCE ADS from the 4 Credit Bureaus:
* Call 1-888-5-OPT-OUT or https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t
US Government-sponsored National Do Not Call Registry.
* FCC violation for companies to call; large fines for infractions.
* Call 1-888-382-1222 or http://www.Donotcall.gov
ROBOCALLS AND CALL CENTER TELEMARKETING
* NoMoRoBo blocks calls immediately, and effectively--
phone rings once, then stops.
* Calls that get through can be reported and permanently blocked.
* Helpful for seniors and caretakers; avoids targeting by unethical marketers, fake charities, and outright rip-off scams.
* Explain "the phone company can tell when someone is trying to take your money, and phone will only ring once."
* If outgoing caller ID shows "Unavailable" or "Private Caller," your service provider can block these, and that service has expanded of late.
* NoMoRoBo is free for landlines, $20/yr for mobile.
* Always do your own due diligence on charities before donating.
* Phone solicitations mostly low-rated charities, or even scams.
* Charity Navigator rates charities from 1- to 4-star; scroll to bottom to see the sometimes-multi-million $$ CEO salaries.
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS ADVERTISING
* Contact Dun and Bradstreet to eliminate mailings;
* Call 1-800-234-3867 to Opt Out.
YELLOW PAGE PHONE BOOKS
** CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE STARTING YOUR JOURNEY TOWARD A LESS CLUTTERED LIFE! **
UNOPENED AMAZON BOXES.